Dispense British Amaro
- 🍸 Craft aperitifs and cocktails, made in Forest Hill.
- 🕑 Cut-off is midnight Tuesday for Thursday delivery.
- ♻ Return the empty bottle to us, and we'll make sure it gets reused.
🔞 We operate a Challenge 25 policy for all alcohol sales.
Based on 17th Century recipes from 'The London Dispensatory', Dispense Amaro combines 24 botanicals including gentian, hops and wormwood, with our family's Sicilian amaro recipe.
Blended with our signature vermouth made from British pinot noir grapes, this is a uniquely British amaro. London meets Sicily. Sip with tonic for a complex aperitif, add a splash to your gin & tonic or indulge, after hours, with a single cube of ice.
- Technique: Maceration
- Duration: 3 Months
- Botanicals: English Hops / Orange / Grapefruit / Lime / Vanilla / Apricots / Raisins / Dates / Basil / Rosemary / Kaffir Lime / Ginger / Lemongrass / Coriander / Cardamom / Gentian / Devil’s Claw / Rhubarb / Chickweed / Hyssop / Milk Thistle / Liquorice / Myrrh / Angelica
- Sweetener: Demerara Sugar
- Fining: Bentonite
- Filtration: 1 Micron
- Allergens: Sulphites
Each bottle takes around three months to make, using traditional craft techniques and uses British where possible and organic whenever we can. Made with care and attention, and only ever in small batches.
Two brothers with a passion for botanical spirits. Based in South London we make our spirits by hand, using traditional methods, in a workshop in Forest Hill, SE23.
We’ve been making English versions of Italian spirits since Rob married into a Sicilian family in 2009. After spending many years developing our own unique recipes and infusing our English heritage into these Italian classics, we launched our first product, DISPENSE Amaro in 2017.
We deliver every Thursday to the following postcodes:
- SE5 - Camberwell & Denmark Hill
- SE15 - Peckham & Nunhead
- SE21 - Dulwich Village & West Dulwich
- SE22 - East Dulwich & Loughborough Junction
- SE23 - Forest Hill & Honor Oak Park
- SE24 - Herne Hill & Tulse Hill
- SW9 - Brixton & Stockwell
- Plus SE4 1 / SE4 2 / SE14 5 / SE26 6
The cutoff time for adding to your delivery is midnight Tuesdays. Orders sent after this time will be delivered the following week.
For subscription orders, the cutoff time for editing your existing subscription is 11:45 am Tuesday (but you can still add to your delivery by checking out as normal by midnight Tuesday).
We're planning to gradually expand our delivery zone across South London, then launch in other parts of the capital.